Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I might be a drag queen

In a biological lady body, but a drag queen nonetheless. It's Arts & Crafts day at Grits and Gravy.

Supply list: feathers, beads, rhinestones, ribbon and hot glue.

Have y'all been watching Mad Fashion on Bravo with Chris March? It completes me; it is bloody brilliant. At Mr. March's mad hatter studio, they use loads of hot glue: loads and loads to spangle and bedazzle.

I love spangle. I love bedazzle. I use only a little bit of hot glue. I was raised by The Craftiest Woman in the Known World. The Craftiest Woman in the Known World does not use hot glue when you could neatly HAND stitch. TCWKW reared me to go full tilt boogie on my crafts (thanks, Mama!). So if you need me I will be sewing on rhinestones and watching Beverly Hills Cop for the forseeable future.

1 comment:

  1. Oh darling! I must come learn at your feet. I'm a sad, sorry crafter. I don't believe I've anything crafty since I made that wreath a few years ago (I did win first prize at the office wreath contest for it)
    I will gladly cook you scads of delicious food and watch Castle with you, while you teach me your craftiness.

    ReplyDelete